Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back to the Life!

Today was my first day back to work and, I have to say, it went much better than I had anticipated. In the last two weeks Maisey has started believing that life is better when she's in my arms and makes sure that everyone knows that is where she wants to be. The first day we noticed this change was at lunch with my mom. Maisey had fallen asleep so I passed her to grandma and somewhere in the middle of her sleep she opened one eye, looked at my mom, realized what had happened, and began screaming bloody murder. Now, this has become a more consistant reaction. Needless to say, not only does this drive those who love her and want to hold her crazy but, it also raised my anxiety about leaving her alone. My concern wasn't all for Maisey as a good cry has never perminantly scarred a baby but for those who have to deal with her! Today I worked half the day and, other than Uncle Dustin getting to experience quite the blow-out, I got a great report! She ate, she slept, and overall everything was well in her world.

Last week Maisey got to experience lots of firsts:

First time camping
First time at Sea World
First time going to the beach--and putting those cute toes in the ocean
AND--First time being stuck in the car for hours on end
(Pictures to come)

This week Maisey will have another busy week with mommy going back to work, her joining me for Leadership Summit, experiencing a longer weekend at church, and having her 2 month doctor's appointment. I can't believe it has been 8 weeks! Where does the time go? We've got so much to share from this last month and, as soon as we get our feet back under us, we'll get the pictures transferred to the computer so we can share how much Maisey has grown.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she did well with Uncle Dustin. I can't wait for pictures. I will come visit soon. I got a nasty cold after VBS and just barely got over it. No germs for the baby! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete